Saturday

First Graduation ©

By CiCi

(Children's literature has always been an aspiration of mine.  This poem was written many years ago and based on the content you can tell that I'm a nerd.  Yes, I embrace it.  My hope is that parents will encourage a thirst for knowledge in their kids and nurture their creativity. Not everyone has to be a superstar but each should be able gain his/her full potential. I'm off my soapbox now.)

School is the very best place to be
There's finger painting and 1-2-3.
Always wonderful things to learn
So a fat paycheck one day I'll earn.

My teacher taught me how to spell
She was very careful we did it well.
Oh I love knowledge, I love it so
When I'm grown up, then all I'll know.

But today is my first graduation,
Everyone is giggling and like the occasion.
But I'm sad and I can't really smile
Even as I stand and start up the aisle.

Why the long face asked my teacher?
You didn't tell me nap time is now gone forever!


1 comment:

  1. hahaha! Amen my friend! I miss nap time too.

    ReplyDelete