Saturday

The Cube ©

By CiCi

(A note from the citizens of Cube World)

I've been sitting here all morning
trying to get my day started.
But my concentration was shattered
when my neighbor farted.
She quickly moved her chair
and shuffled some papers too.
But none of that could cover
the sudden stench of poo.

Of course I had to take a walk
to breathe some fresher air.
But there went an hour or two,
A little chitchat here and there.
By now I am a bit hungry
and must find myself a snack.
I leave for the kitchen,
and met Suzie on my way back.
We laughed about old Sally
who wears her skirts too short
and tsk tsked at nosey Dennis
who's the boss's cohort.

These people we work with!
They never get anything done.
I wonder what's their problem,
and I'm not the only one.

By now it is almost four
and I'm ready for a break.
The day has just flown by me
it's such a busy week.
My deadline's fast approaching
and my project's still not done.
I simply can't imagine
where the time has gone.

1 comment: